Seth J. Robbins, a partner at the firm, specializes in several areas of civil litigation, including complex business and commercial disputes, First Amendment law, employment law, and probate and fiduciary law.
Mr. Robbins has successfully tried and resolved cases on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in various federal and state courts throughout the country.
Notable representative accomplishments of Mr. Robbins include:
- Securing a multi-million-dollar decision in favor of a hospital system in a breach of contract case against another hospital system following an eight-day bench trial (the opposing party had sought over $17 million in damages)
- Securing a $16.4 million jury verdict following a 15-day trial on behalf of a major health care provider in a business dispute against a medical practice
- Obtaining a favorable declaratory judgment on behalf of a large healthcare company following a multi-day trial in Tennessee
- Obtaining a defense verdict after a three-week jury trial on behalf of an executor and successor trustee alleged to have breached various fiduciary duties, and then persuading the Massachusetts Appeals Court to uphold the jury verdict
- Representing multiple private equity firms in litigation brought in western Pennsylvania and, after conducting aggressive discovery, resolving the case for a small fraction of the plaintiff’s damages claim
- Securing a favorable settlement against a Fortune 500 company in connection with a former female employee's claim for gender discrimination