Personal Injury Litigation
Todd & Weld's attorneys have represented plaintiffs in numerous personal injury cases resulting from automobile accidents, construction accidents, premises accidents, industrial accidents, product-related accidents, and fires among others.
We are devoted and determined advocates. Our goal is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by others' negligent conduct and to help alleviate the devastating physical, emotional, and financial burdens they suffer. Our attorneys are known for their unsurpassed preparation and relentless dedication to our clients who put their trust in us. We have a remarkable record of accomplishment and have obtained multimillion-dollar results for our clients. For these reasons, many judges and highly regarded lawyers see Todd & Weld as the "go-to" firm when a client, family member, or friend needs a personal injury attorney.
Our law firm provides you with the resources of a large firm, including cutting-edge courtroom presentation tools that allow us to tell your story effectively and with compassion. We also offer the personalized service provided by small firms. Our lawyers are sensitive to your concerns and spend the time needed to answer your questions and keep you informed as the case moves forward.
Some of our Representative Cases
- An $8.4 million settlement arising out of multiple deaths from a fire in a commercial building in Newton, Massachusetts.
- A $4 Million settlement on behalf of a 19-year-old driver who was permanently paralyzed from the waist down when her car was struck by a tractor-trailer.
- A $3.8 Million settlement on behalf of a 21-year-old construction worker who fell four stories and broke his back and also suffered a cerebral stroke rendering him a paraplegic, as well as paralyzed in the left arm.
- A $1.75 million settlement arising out of an auto accident with resulting physical injuries and brain damage to a 50-year-old learning-disabled woman.
- A $1 Million pre-lawsuit settlement obtained on behalf of a 74-year-old man whose leg was amputated as a result of injuries suffered in an automobile accident.
- A $900,000 settlement for a man who became brain damaged from Legionnaire's Disease which he contracted when inspecting tanks in the defendant's plant.
- A $700,000 pre-suit settlement arising out of an auto accident with resulting physical injuries to a 36-year-old woman.
- A $700,000 settlement obtained against a newspaper company and the driver of an automobile on behalf of a paperboy who was killed on his bicycle when picking up his papers for delivery.
- A $480,000 settlement against a trucking company for unsafe driving and against an automobile manufacturer for a defective door latch on behalf of the estate of a woman killed in a multi-car accident by a tractor-trailer.
- A $250,000 pre-lawsuit settlement on behalf of a woman who developed reflex sympathetic dystrophy (“RSD”) after her foot was injured in an automobile accident.
- A $250,000 settlement obtained on behalf of a woman who contracted a sexually transmitted disease from sperm used during artificial insemination.
- A $235,000 settlement for a 6-year-old child who was attacked by a dog, sustaining gashes to the head and emotional trauma.
- A $228,755 verdict obtained against an elevator company for a man whose knee was injured when the elevator door closed on it.
- A $210,000 pre-lawsuit settlement of a bicycle accident case on behalf of a young woman who suffered multiple fractures to her leg and pelvis.
“Jeff – Thank you for all your hard work and compassion in handling the case for my sister. I can't tell you how fortunate we feel to have had someone with your skills, intelligence and patience to lead us through this difficult period.”
“Dear Jeff and Christine: Thank you for everything. From the beginning you have taken care of my case in such a professional and reassuring way. I knew you were working for the best outcome without me needing to worry over the months of the process.”
Mary S. Bergman