Gary Todd is recognized locally and nationally as a preeminent family law practitioner specializing in domestic relations and probate litigation. He has successfully negotiated, mediated, and tried numerous family law issues at the trial court and appellate levels, including divorce, custody, paternity, parental rights, complex support matters, property division, removal, modification, and contempt actions. Mr. Todd has broad experience drafting and negotiating prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
Mr. Todd fully understands and appreciates the complex issues facing his clients, and, whether arguing in court or negotiating settlements, he applies his extensive experience and knowledge of the law to convincingly articulate positions that has contributed to a long track record of achieving favorable results.
Best Lawyers in America, a longstanding and well-respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, since 2012 has honored Mr. Todd as a leading practitioner in Family Law, as well as Litigation – Trusts and Estates. Since 2007 he has been selected to Massachusetts Super Lawyers for Family Law. Mr. Todd is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the directory's highest peer rating.
Mr. Todd is a recognized leader in the legal profession having served in a variety of bar association roles, including:
- President of the Massachusetts Family and Probate American Inn of Court
- Co-Chair of the Steering Committee of the Boston Bar Association's Family Law Council
- Board of Directors of Massachusetts Association of Guardians Ad Litem, Inc.
- Board of Directors of Association of Family Court and Community Professionals
- Family Law Section Council of the Massachusetts Bar Association
- Advisory Committee to Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Fellow of the Boston Bar Foundation
A prominent thought leader, Mr. Todd is lecturer and adjunct professor of family law at the New England School of Law. He volunteers as Trial Advisor for the Harvard Law School Trial Advocacy Program, as well as a judge for the New England Law Trial Competition.
Mr. Todd is a frequent lecturer on family law and trial practice issues for the Massachusetts Bar Association, Boston Bar Association, the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Suffolk University School of Law, and Harvard Law School Trial Advocacy program. He has authored articles on divorce and family law in several legal publications.