Maria T. Davis, a partner at the firm, represents plaintiffs and defendants in business litigation and arbitration, as well as plaintiffs in personal injury matters. Ms. Davis regularly appears on behalf of clients in court, including making appellate arguments, examining witnesses at trial, and arguing substantive motions.
Recent representative accomplishments of Ms. Davis include:
- Obtaining a $4 million jury verdict in a medical malpractice case arising from the death of a mother shortly following the birth of her fourth child
- Persuading the Massachusetts Appeals Court to uphold a trial court ruling that the firm's clients hold deeded easement rights in residential property
- Obtaining a preliminary injunction in a breach of contract dispute between joint owners of a business
- Persuading a judge to grant summary judgment dismissing a breach of contract claim in a real estate dispute related to the installation of solar panels on a commercial building
- Obtaining a preliminary injunction on behalf of an employer against a former employee in a case involving a noncompetition agreement
- Playing a substantial role in obtaining a jury verdict of $342,000 in a medical malpractice case involving a physician's misdiagnosis and improper removal of a uterine fibroid
- Playing a substantial role in obtaining an arbitration ruling of no liability on behalf of a defendant in a securities litigation case seeking $65 million in damages
Following law school, Ms. Davis held a legal fellowship at the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia. During law school, she was an intern at the Committee for Public Counsel Services in Boston.