The heavily regulated healthcare industry is replete with potential pitfalls for medical professionals and institutions, with the threat of criminal proceedings or loss of professional license among a host of devastating potential outcomes.
The health law attorneys at Todd & Weld regularly counsel and defend medical professionals, companies, and institutions in a wide range of proceedings, and proactively advise them on regulatory compliance to circumvent potential violations. Our health law attorneys are part of and supported by the highly accomplished Government Investigations and Criminal Defense practice group of the firm.
Todd & Weld's health law practice includes:
- External investigations and enforcement actions
- False Claims Act investigations and litigation
- Fraudulent billing investigations
- Compliance and internal investigations
- Medical licensing and discipline
- Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party audits
- Peer review proceedings
The firm's clients include:
- Medical professionals – including physicians, registered nurses, dentists, pharmacists, and allied health professionals
- Health care providers – including medical practices, medical device companies, pharmacies, drug testing laboratories, home health agencies, physical therapy clinics, and adult day health programs