Suzanne Elovecky enjoys a diverse complex commercial litigation practice representing individuals and corporations in contract disputes, employment disputes, automobile dealership matters, shareholder disputes, and trademark and copyright matters. Suzanne has significant experience practicing in state and federal courts, as well as in alternative dispute resolution settings. She has tried numerous cases and argued matters on appeal.
Suzanne's notable litigation accomplishments include:
Breach of contract
- Served as first chair representing law firm in arbitration of contract dispute resulting in successful award for full amount owed under the contract
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of Montreal-based lighting company in contract dispute
- In 2016, Ms. Elovecky obtained a $3.5 million defamation award from a federal jury on behalf of Saudi Arabian scientist Hayat Sindi, who sued Samia El-Mouslimany and her mother arising from numerous publications accusing Dr. Sindi of fabricating and exaggerating her academic credentials. She also persuaded the judge presiding over the trial to issue an injunction permanently barring the defendants from repeating defamatory statements about Dr. Sindi in the future.
- Served as first chair in trial concerning post-retirement employment/contract dispute in the District Court of the Virgin Islands
- Obtained favorable settlement in favor of automobile franchise dealership in dispute with automobile manufacturer
- Defeated a motion for preliminary injunction on behalf of client who was the successful low-bidder for a high-profile public transportation contract
- Successfully negotiated in favor of client favorable resolution of Civil Investigative Demand issued by Massachusetts Attorney General, Antitrust Division
- Obtained dismissal of U.S. Bankruptcy Court adversary proceeding alleging various violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act
Real estate litigation
- Represented community group through trial and appeals process in a dispute over ownership of cottages built on land owned by a town
- Obtained dismissal of truancy allegations in Juvenile Court on behalf of a mother and her children who were subject to religious discrimination